Why do many enterprises go through Re-Orgs?
Here are a few reasons I’ve figured out so far:
- To increase efficiencies
- To reduce cost
- Technological innovation
- New management comes in with a new mandate
The root cause of most of these is large organizations having problems with adapting to change and having a hard time innovating
Could be because of:
- People are far away from the vision of the organization, feel like a small cog in a big machine
- Extra governance, lots of red tape,
- People become complacent doing the same job day in day out
- It gets harder to hold people accountable due to long and complex processes
- People have no reason or motivation to change
IMHO the mother of all problems is lack of motivation.
Whatever course of action is taken to solve the organizational problems, if the teams are not motivated, long lasting change is highly unlikely to happen.