Some reminders for me after being part of Program Increments (PI) since past week..
1. Have a rough estimate of your capacity plans prepared before hand. That includes public holidays, annual leaves
2. Have your features and related stories defined and get the roughly prioritized before planning meetings
3. PI plans (typically across 6 sprints / 3 months) are ‘plans’ – not to be set in stone and can fluctuate over course of the PI
4. Mark your dependencies and get them prioritized – especially critical dependencies
5. Above all – PI planning is about collaboration and figuring out where you time is best spent across next 3 months – to deliver value to end customers
PI planning is a ceremony in scaled agile framework for release trains (group of scrum teams) to plan for the next program increment