Should automation be one sprint behind?
The argument in favor of this is mostly – we want to deliver quickly and automation slows us down.
IMHO there are a couple of reasons for why this is the argument folks make:
– Definition of Done not defined
– Testability not built into the product architecture
– Automation is only the automation engineers job
– Automation is focused only on the UI
– Automation is considered only tester’s job..
If we agree with that, we are consciously making a decision to incur technical debt and have problems down the line.
To build your product well, you have to spend do things properly and upfront thinking.
#RedefiningSoftwareQuality ✔ #QualityTransformation #TestAutomation #Testing #Agile #AgileTesting
Leave A Comment