Job Seekers, Here’s what I call a “Unicorn employee”:
1. Hands on technical skills
- Has sufficient technical background and exposure to the job that needs to be done.
- Ability to demonstrate that knowledge
2. Is a Natural leader
- Mostly ends up leading people
- Ability to rally people behind a cause, not through authority, but by motivating them
3. Can communicate
- Ability to express themselves clearly to engineers and senior management (two very different set of skills)
I know, as engineers we dislike too much talking, or leading people.
From employers perspective: at certain level you need people with these skills, and are extremely rare to find
Unlike unicorns, these people do exist. so:
Become them, search for them, hire them and look after them , they are the drivers of your company.
#RedefiningSoftwareQuality #Hiring #JobSearch #CareerAdvice