Discussed a lot of topics including ‘Advanced Selenium’ locators today
And here are a few tips I gave the class:
– I always try to find a parent for the area of the page I want to use,
– Then within that area find the exact object I am looking for.
– The parent reduces a lot the possibility of capturing similar elements
– Test your locators in chrome developer tools first before using them in your code
– Makes debugging a lot easier knowing you are using the right locators.
Image from the class today.