Running tests in Parallel?
It’s not just about what tool to use
1. Why do you need parallel execution?
To reduce execution time yes, but are all the tests running needed? Or can they be executed at different stages of the SDLC instead of one go?
2. Are your tests designed keeping in mind parallel execution?
More here: https://goo.gl/977JEP
3. Parallel execution environment setup
Depends on the tooling you are using and the AUT. Few options I know of with open source:
– Selenium Grid (will run on single machine)
– Jenkins + VM – with Selenium running on multiple VMs / environments
– Jenkins + Docker – Running on a docker server where multiple containers running different tests in parallel. Can manage the parallel execution through Jenkins
– Jenkins + SaaS – services like BrowserStack, SauceLabs etc.
– Zalenium – Docker based Selenium grid. More here: https://goo.gl/pqXoQW
#QsDaily #Docker #Jenkins #TestAutomation