You’ll find yourself at a time in your career where you are crammed with meetings all day.
And often you might see more than needed people in meetings, some who are there just for ‘FYI’ and not necessarily subject matter experts to contribute
Our CTO Alex Alexander has some good guidelines to help avoid some anti-patterns like this and others:
- Meetings are not free, schedule them carefully
- Every meeting should have an objective, outcome and agenda
- Invite only those who need to attend, not a person more than necessary
- Attendees come prepared, do constructive discussion which is for that meeting only – Stay on point
- Meeting ends with a set of actions
- No meeting should have more than 9 people
- Try to schedule most meetings for not more than 30 minutes
Make your meetings short and effective..