Deleting a batch run result for a Jenkins job
Why would you want to do it and how..
I must mention first there is a ton of value in using Jenkins,
It’s not only easier to run, use and share results, but also can give a historic view of the results
I have nightly builds and sometimes due to unavoidable circumstance there are some batch runs which really shouldn’t be in the history for that job (it’s a long story, so just humor me)
To keep your batch run history clear of any unnecessary ‘noise’ you might want to delete a specific job run result
Here’s how you do it:
- From Jenkins “configure global security” page, set ‘Anyone can do anything’ in the ‘Authorization’ section
- Run CMD with admin rights and ‘cd’ into Jenkins-cli.jar file location (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\war\WEB-INF)
- Confirm the batch run you want to delete (this is irreversible)
- Write the following command:
- java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s <Jenkins server> delete-builds <job name> <build number to delete>
- Restore security settings
I know this was written very short hand, will write up a post on a few tips including this one.
#QsDaily #Automation #Jenkins