Problem checking connection to your Database?
I recently learned this trick using Universal Data Link files
There are many methods out there, sometimes could be confusing
For windows users I stumbled upon this neat trick:
– Create a new file with the extension “*.UDL”
– Open the file and enter data:
1. Enter the server IP (Sometimes machine names create problems)
2. Add database username and password
3. Select DB name from the list (should show all the DBs hosted on the machine with IP from step 1)
4. Press Test Connection
and Wala.. you can get your answer
Your Spring Boots app might not be connecting to your DB because of using the machine name instead of the IP as well..
For more details: