This one time,
when we spent months finding the root cause of an alert problem,
Turned out windows 7 on a VM running chrome ran a bit wonky,
It was so cool we wasted months on such a silly issue.
But you know, in automation this is a
In the end here’s what we learned:
- Event handlers are important to deal with typical UI issues. “Anything that can go wrong will go wrong”, so prepare for it
- Even with the precautions you take, best to have a back-up plan.
- Keep the AUT and automation tool aligned
- When analyzing a problem, define and keep changing the variables to find a pattern
- We make the wrong assumptions all the time, it’s good to question them when you’re stuck
The complete story can be read it here in this TechBeacon article.
Any automation framework problems you’d like to share?